Wednesday, August 5, 2009

my first blog

Okay, so here I go. I thought for as much effort as I put into my garden and the fact that I don't have many people to share my thoughts with, I should blog. I take pictures all of the time -- maybe someone will enjoy all of my hard work as much as I do!

I little bit about me: I started gardening while living in Los Angeles. Everything was trial and error. However, the mild temperatures through out the year, made gardening easier than I has expected. Most everything did well. The biggest problems I am across were insect infestation (those buggers never die when you don't have a frost!) and mildew. I will post some before and after pictures soon.

Now I live in Austin, TX and I am adjusting to how different gardening is here. While I don't have the same problems with mildew I have many more. The heat is my biggest issue. So many of my favorite plants can't take not only the heat but the drought. So I am learning once again -- starting over and trying to have fun doing it. I hope that once I start posting pictures maybe I will get some comments or advice or hell, maybe I will even me a source of inspiration. I can only hope. Okay, posting comes next...

No comments:

Post a Comment