Saturday, August 29, 2009

The End of the Summer

While you would never know that we are heading to the end of Summer due to our hot days, it is quickly approaching. One way I can tell, other than the fact that school started, is that my garden is taking a turn. Some of my annuals have seen better days. I have had to pull out some of my Zinnias and my cucumber plant. 

Also, the caterpillars we have, two have hatched, two are in their cocoons, one is about to make its cocoon and two died. I feel bad because the two died from something called "black death". If I would have figured that out right away maybe the other one wouldn't have died. It was quite gross. I decided not to take any pictures of that!

We do have something new in the garden, however. We have this huge garden spider. I would love to get close enough to take a picture but I think I will keep my distance. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment