Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer 2010 pictures & Mini Update





So it has been a long time since I have posted. I guess this blog thing is harder than I thought. I spend so much time working in the yard, I don't have time to post and write! Here are a few pictures of the flowers, butterflies and "pet" spider in my garden. It is hard to believe that the Summer is nearing the end. Everything is in full bloom, though my tomato plants have given up and I have lost a few plants along the way (one winecup). My Zinnias are nearly as pretty as last year. I have the "small"ones but they are almost as tall! It seems just the flower size is mini. I need to find a better place for them next year. My favorite new plant of 2010 would be one I can't remember the name! It's the one with all of the butterflies on it. I have never had so many butterflies in my garden and I love it. The only down side is that this plant grows very fast and has taken over a large part of the garden (I have 2). I will post larger pictures soon, of the whole yard. I guess the best part of 2010 Summer is that we have had rain. So here we are in August and our grass is still alive! It also means I have been fighting disease and bugs that much more. Our Bur oak is happy, even the Crape Myrtles have grown 6 feet. However, it's all a work in progress. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment