Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is ON!!

So after the coldest Winter I have endured here in Austin, Spring is finally here. My garden of sticks, leaves and dirt is transforming. Green is pushing up from the earth everywhere. It is an exciting time for me as I'm not sure which plants have survived freeze after freeze. Last year I still had green in the yard, this year it snowed! 

I am working hard to get ahead of the heat. I am adding dirt to the garden, planting annuals, planting seeds for the veggie garden and adding mulch. I am hopeful that the garden will come back in full force since the drought is over. The big thing is staying ahead of the weeds. I have Elm seeds so thick it looks like grass! There is a lot of work to be done, but I am excited. I need to take a picture of the yard as it is now so we can really see how things progress. It's raining today, so not much I can do. But I'll be back out there as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment